Monday, February 2, 2009

in the cafe spotlight: pennydogaccessories

Featured Etsian: pennydogaccessoriesjenngee
Shop link: pennydogaccessories.etsy.com

Recycled chain resin bubble ring (by pennydogaccessories)

Give us the basics:

My name is Kerry and I live in Leicestershire in the UK. My Etsy shop is pennydogaccessories, focusing on unusual resin jewellery, and a few seller supplies and acrylic bits and pieces thrown in. It's mainly resin stuff though!

What’s your favourite smell?
Fresh paint, it's clean and I like it. It's a whole lot better than the smell of resin!

How long have you been doing your craft?
Only about a year, but I am serious about it, so much so I am writing a book as well as magazine articles here in the UK.

Who/What inspires you in your craft?
Everything! I took my dog for a walk in the park this morning and picked up feathers, fallen leaves and sycamore seeds, all with the intention of embedding them later!

Red jasper or coral effect resin hoop earrings (by pennydogaccessories)

What do you like least about your craft?
The fumes. I craft in a separate room, but the smell often spreads throughout the house. It's a bit of a health risk.

What’s a normal day for you?
I get up at 6.45am, check my e-mails for sales, do a bit of moderating on http://crafteroo.co.uk and get ready for work. In my "real" job I work in marketing and design. I get to work at 8.30am and I am there until 5pm. I get home, walk the dog and do a bit of promoting, chatting on the Etsy forums, a bit more moderaing and a bit of making. I'll do some housework and cook a meal if the time hasn't escaped me. Then I'll go to bed at about 10.30pm. On a weekend I'll make a lot more, and I try and list something every other day.

How do you discover new things on Etsy?
I have recently taken to Pounce, though I love the search facility and the treasuries.

Refreshing citrus fruit mix resin pendant on 16 inch chain (by pennydogaccessories)

No comments: