Saturday, February 28, 2009

i'm a published photographer!...sort of

A couple of years ago, my husband and I had been discussing where to go for our vacation and I begged to go to London, England, which has been a long-time dream of mine. My husband didn't really care either way, but after a week in the historical city, he was as hooked as me.

We took many, MANY photos while there and I posted only about 5-6 of them to my Flickr account. Imagine my surprise when the Managing Editor of Schmap Guides contacted me to let me know that one of my photos, of Hampton Court Palace, had been short-listed for the London Schmap, 6th Edition!

Well, today I found out that my photo made it in! Check it out (Stephanie Caruso - that's me!!!)

(click on the photo for a larger, and better, view)

Ok, so when you get to the Hampton Court page, you actually have to scroll through a few of the photos before hitting mine, but it's still kind of cool for them to have found me when I had never heard of Schmaps before! Or, if you let it go, but stay on Hampton Court, it automatically scrolls through the photos, so mine pops up.

So, what is Schmap?

Schmap provides digital travel guides for 200 destinations throughout the US, Europe, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. More than 90 million Schmap Guides have been downloaded since March 2006! You can browse the maps online, and also on the iPhone and Nokia products.



Schmap has been praised by TIME, Washington Post, International Herald Tribune, Discovery Channel, National Geographic, PC World, CNET News, Lifehacker and TechCrunch.

Hmmm...maybe it's time I posted more travel photos to my Flickr account!

Want to see the full Hampton Court page? Click here.

Visit schmaps at www.schmap.com.

Check out my Flickr page.

No comments: