Tuesday, January 6, 2009

in the cafe spotlight: kimforbeads

Featured Etsian: kimforbeads
Shop link: kimforbeads.etsy.com

How long have you been doing your craft?
I have been beading & selling my work for approx. 18 yrs & I love it.

Who/What inspires you in your craft?
Everything inspires me, colors, beads, my children, nature, moods, feelings, people, stories, clothing. I could go on & on, I get inspired in my dreams & when I am awake. It is hard to turn it off to go to sleep at night.

What do you like least about your craft?
There are never enough hours in the day, & I have so many ideas, that I can't get them all done.

What’s a normal day for you?
I get up at 5:40 - get ready for work, go online while eating my cereal and check convos with Etsy & the forum, post some, then finish getting ready for my day job. At lunch I am either shipping product I sold, beading or on Etsy on the forumn or making a treasury. After work I do the usual mom things, dinner, dishes, cleaning, play & read with my 7-yr-old. My other child is no longer a child at 19, almost 20 yrs. Then I tuck my young one into bed, & either bead or go on to Etsy or both. I am up every night until about 12:00 or 12:30 - depending on how much I need to get done. Then I start all over again. My husband has medical problems, and is not able to work, so I have to keep up these two jobs - late hours and crazy pace to make ends meet. If I had my options, I would & have in the past, just be beading, instead of having my full time day job.

What advice would you give Etsy sellers just starting out?
Be patient, Be kind, Listen, Share, Respect & Take great pictures (I am still working on that one.)

How do you discover new things on Etsy?
Search on the forumn, talk to friends, & I am sure there is a lot I do not know yet. That is the fun part, discovery.


2 comments:

Angie said...

I see Kimforbeads in the forums and it's nice to read more about her.

kimforbeads said...

Thanks so much for such a nice feature on your blog.