Friday, October 31, 2008

in the cafe spotlight: yonpli

Featured Etsian: yonpli
Shop link: yonpli.etsy.com

Pain, Abstract Nude, Mosaic Art (by yonpli)

Give us the basics:

Yonpli
Baltimore MD (USA)
I make mosaics - anything from wall art to jewelry to home decor.

What’s your favourite smell?
I love the scent of flowers, especially those with a thick, heavy, slight sweet scent.

How long have you been doing your craft?
I've been mosaicing for a couple years now.

Who/What inspires you in your craft?
I love the work of Sonia King. Her work is so innovative and visually stunning.

Red Statement, Mosaic Pendant (by yonpli)

What do you like least about your craft?
That's easy - cleaning up from grouting!

What advice would you give Etsy sellers just starting out?
Do what you love, but do it with business sense. For instance I love making mosaics, but didn't start creating lower price points mosaics until recently. These lower price point mosaics have started to bring in sales and views.

How do you discover new things on Etsy?
Sometimes I find things through the treasury and sometimes I just browse different categories and sub-categories.

By Any Other Name, Mosaic Box (by yonpli)

No comments: