Friday, September 26, 2008

in the cafe spotlight: designsbydnt

Featured Etsian: designsbydnt
Shop link: designsbydnt.etsy.com

Give us the basics:
I am in America’s heartland, the good old state of Missouri. I love to sew, paint and create! My shop is new and I am finding I am getting an assortment of things! Whatever strikes my fancy!

Cherish (by designsbydnt)

What’s your favourite smell?
I have several favorite smells, the warm inviting smell of a fresh baked spiced apple pie as you walk into your home on a cold wintery evening, the fresh soft smell of my grandson as he wraps his arms around my neck to give me a big hug, or the sweet smell of honeysuckle as it floats by on a warm summer breeze!

How long have you been doing your craft?
I have been sewing for years! I learned in high school in the late 70’s. I started creating my bunnies about 16 years ago.

Planter Boxes (by designsbydnt)

What’s a normal day for you?
On a normal "work" day for me, I can’t wait to get home and check my ETSY shop! I work 12 hour days and have a stressful job. I love to come home, check out my shop (always hoping for a sale of course!), then I visit Alchemy, the Forums and finally I head for the Chats! I really enjoy visiting fellow Etsian shops!

On a normal day off from work, I work on my ETSY shop. I just re-did my pictures, using the advice of fellow Etsian TheBumbleBeeStudio. She is simply awesome! She critiqued my shop and gave me some wonderful tips!

What advice would you give Etsy sellers just starting out?
I am new to ETSY but if I were to give any advice to new Etsians, it would be to utilize the Forums! There is an abundance of information on them and you can always find so many people who are willing to pass on their knowledge and advice!

Flower Angel Bunny (by designsbydnt)

2 comments:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love the variety available in this shop! Very cute! Once again, nice feature!

-10oneworld on etsy

Lindsey said...

I love the girl modeling the scarves in her shop - it looks like she loves the camera!