Saturday, January 29, 2011

discovering tea: tea oh Sencha Ceremony green tea

brand: tea oh
tea type: Sencha Ceremony green tea
brew method: glass teapot with infuser

loose leaf, teabag or other: loose leaf

colour of brewed tea: medium green/brown

I recently got a great deal for tea at Tea Oh, an online tea retailer based here in Ontario, so I ordered a bunch of different loose leaf teas. I had wanted to start brewing more green teas using loose leaf, but it's hard to give up the convenience of teabags!

I haven't tried any of them yet, so I'm going to start brewing them up soon. The first on the list is this green tea, which was amazing!


The tea is a little more orange in colour than I had expected from a green tea but it's very clear and light.

I steeped the tea for about 5 minutes in my cute little single-serving teapot with built-in ceramic infuser. The tea has a lovely jasmine tea smell to it that was very promising. The tea is light in taste and doesn't leave any after taste or tartness on the tongue. It's one of the lighter green teas that I've tried and I really like it. It's definitely a tea that I could drink every day without getting tired of it.

3 comments:

kathie said...

One of my new year's resolutions was to drink more green tea since it is so good for me.

Jess said...

Brilliant! Green tea is soooo much better when brewed properly. I find the green tea bags tend to be bitter and drying on the tongue (YUK!), but the high quality (and not shredded in a machine) leaves are wonderful. Thanks for reminding me - I'm going to go brew a cup right now! ~ Jess

Stephanie/pandacub said...

Jess - what green tea do you brew (I'm always on the lookout for new ones to try!). Also, have you ever tried the powdered form? I like that even more than the tea leaves! So smooth!