My husband and I have just finished watching the third episode of the absolutely brilliant Sherlock series starring Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes and Martin Freeman (from the British version of The Office) as Watson.
I love reading Sherlock Holmes (my favourite is the Hound of the Baskervilles), and have watched several different interpretations of the characters through the years. This one is a modern take on the characters (Holmes is quite fond of texting and Watson has a blog), it's very well written and acted and I'm quite upset that the first season (or series, as they say in the UK) was only 3 (yes, THREE) episodes long.
But I'm super happy and excited to find out that on Aug 10, they just renewed Sherlock of a second series so there will definitely be more great episodes to come!
In the meantime, I'm browsing Etsy for Sherlock-inspired items.
1. Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle...mini wooden library book - hand made from scratch...from the elloh public library...one of a kind...keychain or miniature wall art, $24.00 by elloh
2. Sherlock Holmes Tote Bag, $20.00 by chibitoaster
3. Sherlock, $15.00 by boisdarc
4. Sherlock Holmes, 8 x 10 art print, $13.00 by Larriva
5. Sherlock Holmes - 13 inch Version - Macbook Vinyl Decal, $12.00 by TheDarkMonkey
6. Sherlock Holmes, $50.00 by Jtnee
7. Sherlock Color Graph Afghan pattern, $3.20 by CrochetChest
8. Sherlock Holmes Tie Tack - Come Watson - the Game is afoot, $8.00 by pretentiousjewelry
9. Sherlock - Etching on Clay Brooch, rolled edge setting, $35.00 by Musetypes