Wednesday, September 2, 2009

gloomy...

September has started with a bummer. A couple of bummers, to be exact.

My beloved and inspiring grandmother was admitted to the hospital yesterday. They're still waiting for more tests to be completed, but initial tests suggest that she suffered a stroke in her sleep. She hasn't woken up since yesterday, although she's still breathing on her own.

My grandmother is 85 and has lived more of a life than most people. She raised children as a single, working mom in Hong Kong (how's that for a modern woman?), was a business executive, has traveled around the world (my favourite photo is of her on a camel in front of the pyramids), owned her own flower shop and was super-crafty (you should see her flower arrangements and her soap animals!). I really hope she wakes up and spends a few more years with us...

Then when I got home, I discovered that my adored little newt, Habanero, had died. I put his tiny little body into a tiny little black box and will bury it in the garden today.

September - you are definitely starting out to be my least favourite month of 2009.

2 comments:

Becky Pool said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your Grandmother! Hopefully now there's nowhere to go but up.

Happybee said...

OMG how many sad news!!
I really hope that your Grandma will be better soon...
my toughts to you!!!