Monday, July 6, 2009

annual weekend away

This past weekend was our 2nd annual weekend away with my sister and her fiance. We returned to the same bed and breakfast that we went to last year. We love how relaxed it is there, the huge amount of space that you get and of course, the exclusive use of the all-natural, eco-friendly golf course. :)


I love playing this course because it's a great place to practice without any pressures or people watching/waiting. The only bad part is that the grass is so thick in places we always seem to lose balls!

The B&B is owned by a really nice couple, Linda and Peter. Linda makes the most amazing breakfasts! On the first morning we enjoyed an apple/pear tart, breakfast burritos (with egg, spinach, kale, bacon, salsa and cheese), homemade granola and yogurt, fresh fruit and sweet potato muffins with currants.



Morning number 2 had us munch on sausages, banana pancakes with strawberry compote, a spinach and mushroom quiche, fresh fruit, homemade granola and yogurt and orange muffins with dates.


Breakfast was so filling that we never had lunch and could golf pretty much all day!

The only damper is that I got a very severe sunburn across my back so now I'm home, and my skin is stinging something fierce. I definitely need to remember sunscreen next time we do this.

Oh, and check out this huge loom that Linda has!

1 comment:

skiingweaver said...

Hey! A loom! How fun. :) It's a four-shaft, looks like it might be a LeClerc (made in Quebec - I have two LeClerc looms and looooove them to pieces).