Sunday, July 19, 2009

50 books in 2009 - update 6

Here's update 6 for my "50 books in 2009" goal. No big surprise - still behind schedule - haha! The year is half over and I'm not at 25 books read yet. Eep!

If you have any favourite books that you think I might enjoy, please leave me a comment or send me an email! I'd love to hear some of your book suggestions as I'm always look for something good to read!

1. I, Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles, finished Jan. 18
2. Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, finished Jan. 27
3. Miss Marple's Final Cases by Agatha Christie, finished Jan. 30 (re-read)
4. Brief Gaudy Hour by Margaret Campbell Barnes, finished Feb. 8
5. The Last Wife of Henry VIII by Carolly Erickson, finished Feb. 18
6. The Lady Elizabeth by Alison Weir, finished Mar. 3
7. Elizabeth by David Starkey, finished Mar. 11
8. A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, finished Mar. 31
9. The Thirteen Problems by Agatha Christie, finished Apr. 3 (re-read)
10. King's Fool by Margaret Campbell Barnes, finished Apr. 21
11. Poirot Investigates by Agatha Christie, finished Apr. 28 (re-read)
12. Gastronaut by Stefan Gates, finished May 3
13. The Man Who Ate Everything by Jeffrey Steingarten, finished May 13 (re-read)
14. It Must Have Been Something I Ate by Jeffrey Steingarten, finished May 25 (re-read)
15. Kitchen Con by Trevor White, finished June 4
16. The Year of Eating Dangerously by Tom Parker Bowles, finished June 18
17. The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain, finished July 2
18. The Best of Food Writing 2001, edited by Holly Hughes, finished July 14

Currently Reading:

The Best of Food Writing 2003, edited by Holly Hughes
Sushi Economy by Sasha Issenberg

Coming Up:

101 Dishes to Eat Before You Die (I feel another set of goals coming on...)

Reading lots of food books lately!

4 comments:

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Have you read "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert? I haven't gotten to it yet, but have read fantastic reviews. You might enjoy it, with your other foodie books on this list. Love your goal--I used to read all the time, but it's more of a luxury now. Good luck!

Tara Griffiths said...

My number one pick that I recommend to everyone who will listen is "The Time Travelers Wife" by Audrey Niffenger. It's a little strange to get into, but once your past the initial "what's going on?"/ first chapter...
Well, my favourite book I've ever read.

karyn said...

I have to pipe in with my suggestion - "A Homemade Life" by Molly Wizenberg of Orangette. it's amazing.

pandacub said...

taking notes - thanks for all the suggestions!