Saturday, November 15, 2008

in the cafe spotlight: plumstars

Featured Etsian: plumstars
Shop link: plumstars.etsy.com

Give us the basics:

I am located in Santa Clarita, CA, which is Southern California. I make gift tags, notecards and all paper fun!

What’s your favourite smell?
My favorite smells are fresh laundry, new falling rain and the ocean.

How long have you been doing your craft?
On etsy I have been selling since the middle of August 2008. A friend of mine referred me to Etsy and I just jumped right in! I have been scrapbooking and making paper crafts since I was in middle school, so that's almost 15 years.

Who/What inspires you in your craft?
I'm inspired to craft when the mood strikes. If I see a beautiful item I'd like to incorporate into my items, then I'm on it. New paper, stamps and punches also help since I can't wait to try out new things!

What do you like least about your craft?
The thing I like least about my craft is not having enough time to do it! For me its just a fun side hobby, so my free time is spent with it, instead of devoting all my time. If only there were more hours in the day...

What advice would you give Etsy sellers just starting out?
I would say that getting your name out on the forums, in chat and in a blog are great ways to promote your shop when first starting out. Also, get a trade or two in so you get feedback and hopefully some repeat customers too :)

How do you discover new things on Etsy?
I love to find new things through pounce and even just watching new items listed on the front page. There are so many shops on Etsy that everyday I see something new!

No comments: