Wednesday, October 15, 2008

in the cafe spotlight: countrywindows

Featured Etsian: countrywindows
Shop link: countrywindows.etsy.com

Stone Bridge (by countrywindows)

Give us the basics:

Countrywindows, Manhattan, Kansas. I photograph anything from a old barn to a butterfly sitting on a flower on a spring day. I also make and frame alot of pictures in barnwood.

What’s your favourite smell?
I love the smell of a fresh rain.

How long have you been doing your craft?
I have been heavy in the photography for about 5 years now.

Who/What inspires you in your craft?
The love of nature and its beauty inspires me to continue to take photographs.

1944 Steam Engine (by countrywindows)

What do you like least about your craft?
I really don't have a least thing I like about my craft unless it would be the higher gas prices that keep me from traveling them country roads.

What’s a normal day for you?
I retired a year ago last June, I rent some farm ground that I plant different things on, and I also help a farmer that I have known for several years, so that's where I find alot of my photographs.

What advice would you give Etsy sellers just starting out?
I have only been on Etsy since May of 2008, my advice to new people joining etsy, would be have patience, think positive and good things will come.

How do you discover new things on Etsy?
I discover new things on Etsy by visiting the forums, I visit the chat room often and I belong to the photographers of Etsy team.

Diamond Colt (by countrywindows)

No comments: