Shop link: brookberrys.etsy.com
Give us the basics:
* Etsy Name: Brookberrys (brookberrys.etsy.com)
* Location: Guyton (outside of Savannah), Georgia
* What I make: Anything and everything. I started by listing my illuminated light panels after being convinced to sell them by my boyfriend. But I can never stick with just one craft, so I also sell necklaces, and may begin selling some knit items as well.
What’s your favourite smell?
* You can never go wrong with vanilla, but I also love pumpkin and cinnamon, smells that make me think of Fall and Winter.
How long have you been doing your craft?
* I've been making wall panels for just a few months, but I have been making crafts for as long as I can remember.
Who/What inspires you in your craft?
* I get inspired by either seeing other items that I like, or I make things out of necessity. I can up with the idea to make a light panel because I had a bare wall in a dark hallway. The illuminated light panel serves as wall art, and also as a light. It is functional, but creative as well.
What do you like least about your craft?
* Hmm, how about the fact that I haven't sold one yet! My office is overflowing with them, which is great if the power ever goes out. I have enough illuminated panels to light the whole neighborhood!
What’s a normal day for you?
* I'm a graphic designer by day, so I head to work every morning, check my email and Etsy, and try to get on the Etsy forums throughout the day. In the evenings I come home and usually knit while I watch TV.
What advice would you give Etsy sellers just starting out?
* PLEASE do not get discouraged if you do not make a sale immediately. I can't tell you how many times I have seen someone asking "What's wrong" in the forums when they're been open for a week and don't know why they haven't sold anything. Welcome to the club. Just sit back and be patient. It will happen.
How do you discover new things on Etsy?
* I like Pounce. Not just the Undiscovered sellers, but I've been able to find lots of great supply sellers in the "Just Sold" category. I also like the forums, I've purchased a few items from sellers who I met in the forums.
Here's a heads-up, brookeberrys is planning to have a sale mid-October. Anyone interested can sign up for my email newsletter on my website, brookberrys.com, if they would like to be informed about the sale.